Collin County Domestic Violence Attorney
Skilled family violence lawyer defending you
A domestic abuse charge can affect your employment, your family and the rest of your life. Domestic violence lawyer Stephanie Hudson provides aggressive criminal and family court defense to clients who are facing domestic violence arrest. Her goal is to have your charges dropped or reduced.
What is considered family or domestic violence in Texas?
The Texas Family Code defines family violence in section 71.004 as:
An act by a member of a family or household against another member of the family or household that is intended to result in physical harm, bodily injury, assault or sexual assault or that is a threat that reasonably places the member in fear of imminent physical harm, bodily injury, assault or sexual assault, but does not include defensive measures to protect oneself.
Whether you live in Plano or McKinney, Collin County domestic violence lawyers can assist you with a variety of charges, including:
Getting the help you need in Collin and Dallas counties
Domestic violence attorney Stephanie Hudson brings to bear her 15+ years of experience defending and minimizing family or domestic violence charges. She recognizes that every criminal defense case is different and helps you understand your crime and its penalties and consequences.
Family violence is a serious criminal offense, with conviction potentially resulting in a fine of up to $4,000 and as much as a year in jail. If you have previously been involved in domestic violence, your case may be upgraded to a felony offense in which you might face up to a $10,000 fine and ten years in prison.
Other potential consequences include:
- Loss of the privilege of possessing a firearm
- Adverse employment consequences, including suspensions and job loss
- Denial of professional or occupational licenses
- Deportation or exclusion of non-citizens and related immigration concerns
- Disciplinary proceedings, including suspension and expulsion hearings
- Loss of civil rights, including the rights to vote and to serve on a jury
- Loss of educational opportunities
- Difficulty in renting an apartment
- Serious implications in divorce and child custody cases
Family violence defense in Allen, Plano or McKinney
Let us help you fight a false accusation or negotiate a plea agreement with minimal penalties. For a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer, call Stephanie Hudson, PLLC Attorney at Law at 469-519-7815 or contact us online. Affordable payment plans are offered.